VŠTE:N_SFB Physical aspects of buildings - Course Information
N_SFB Physical aspects of buildingsInstitute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Michal Kraus, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Milena Kušnerová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Ing. Jan Valíček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Milena Kušnerová, Ph.D.
Department of Civil Engineering - Faculty of Technology - Rector - Institute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice
Supplier department: Department of Civil Engineering - Faculty of Technology - Rector - Institute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- N_SFB/K4a: Sat 2. 3. 11:25–12:55 D315, 11:25–12:55 D315, 13:05–14:35 D315, 13:05–14:35 D315, 14:50–16:20 D315, 14:50–16:20 D315, Sat 27. 4. 11:25–12:55 D315, 11:25–12:55 D315, 13:05–14:35 D315, 13:05–14:35 D315, 14:50–16:20 D315, 14:50–16:20 D315, 16:30–18:00 D315, 16:30–18:00 D315, 18:10–19:40 D315, 18:10–19:40 D315, M. Kraus, M. Kušnerová
N_SFB/K4b: Sun 17. 2. 11:25–12:55 D316, 13:05–14:35 D316, 14:50–16:20 D316, Sat 27. 4. 11:25–12:55 D316, 11:25–12:55 D316, 13:05–14:35 D316, 13:05–14:35 D316, 14:50–16:20 D316, 14:50–16:20 D316, 16:30–18:00 D316, 16:30–18:00 D316, 18:10–19:40 D316, 18:10–19:40 D316, M. Kraus, J. Valíček
N_SFB/P01: each even Monday 16:30–18:00 D316, each even Tuesday 8:00–9:30 D316, M. Kraus, M. Kušnerová
N_SFB/S01: each even Monday 18:10–19:40 D316, each even Tuesday 9:40–11:10 D316, M. Kraus, M. Kušnerová
- Basic knowledge of Buildings physics (acoustics, thermal protection of buildings)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 70 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/70, only registered: 0/70
- Course objectives supported by learning outcomes
- The course deals with evaluations of the physical parameters of indoor environment. The first part is dedicated to the thermal protection of buildings. This part deals with the transfer of heat in building constructions. The second part of the course is dedicated to the building acoustics, noise, room acoustics, vibration, shock and basics of 3D simulation in ODEON.
- Learning outcomes
- the student is acquainted with the quantification and evaluation of physical quantities in the indoor environment of buildings. He is knowledgeable in the field of thermal protection of buildings dealing with heat dissipation in building structures. The subject of building and spatial acoustics follows the bachelor's study. He also gained knowledge in the field of building acoustics, especially structural noise and vibration propagation by building constructions and design, as well as in the field of acoustics, which deals with the diffusion of sound in a closed space and the design of acoustic modifications. The student gained experience with 3D acoustics simulations in SOFTWARE ODEON.
- 1. Thermal protection of buildings
- 2. Basic physical principles (conduction, convection, radiation, appearance in materials and constructions), thermal properties of materials (thermal conductivity, emissivity...)
- 3. Steady-state thermal analysis, temperature field and thermal deformation
- 4. Moisture properties of materials and construction, water vapor transfer
- 5. Air permeability, ventilation and airflow in buildings
- 6. Thermal stability
- 7. Building acoustics and structural noise
- 8. Methods for vibration analysis
- 9. Vibration and shock resistance of buildings
- 10. Technical seismicity
- 11. Building acoustics
- 12. Room acoustics
- 13. Basics of 3D simulation in ODEON
- 1) KULHÁNEK, F., Stavební fyzika: stavební tepelná technika, 4. přeprac. vyd. Praha: ČVUT, 2009. ISBN 978-80-01-04239-7 2) MONIKA RYCHTÁRIKOVÁ, Building Physics Introduction to noise control and building acoustics (STU Bratislava) ISBN 978-80-227-3041-1
- Forms of Teaching
- Teaching Methods
- Frontal Teaching
Group Teaching - Cooperation
Individual Work– Individual or Individualized Activity
Teaching Supported by Multimedia Technologies
- Student Workload
Activities Number of Hours of Study Workload Daily Study Combined Study Preparation for presentation of the semester work 16 28 Preparation for Lectures 13 20 Preparation for Seminars, Exercises, Tutorial 23 42 Preparation for the Final Test 26 30 Attendance on Lectures 26 Attendance on Seminars/Exercises/Tutorial/Excursion 26 30 Total: 130 150
- Assessment Methods and Assesment Rate
- Exam – written 70 %
Seminary Work 30 %
- Exam conditions
- Successful graduates of the course have to get totally at least 70 points. Successful graduates of the course have to get totally at least 70 points: A 100 – 90, B 89,99 – 84, C 83,99 – 77, D 76,99 – 73, E 72,99 – 70, FX 69,99 – 30, F 29,99 - 0.
- Language of instruction
- Teacher's information
- Attendance in lessons is defined in a separate internal standard of ITB (Evidence of attendance of students at ITB). It is compulsory, except of the lectures, for full-time students to attend at least 70 % lessons of the course during a semester.