VŠTE:AJP_2 ENG as the First Language II - Course Information
AJP_2 English as the First Language IIInstitute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/4/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Karim Sidibe (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Alena Vachušková (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Karim Sidibe
Centre of language services - Faculty of Corporate Strategy - Rector - Institute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice
Supplier department: Centre of language services - Faculty of Corporate Strategy - Rector - Institute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- AJP_2/X01: Sat 17. 10. 8:00–9:30 A4, 9:40–11:10 A4, Sat 24. 10. 8:00–9:30 E6, 9:40–11:10 E6, 11:25–12:55 E6, Sat 14. 11. 8:00–9:30 D516, 9:40–11:10 D516, 11:25–12:55 D516, Sat 28. 11. 14:50–16:20 E6, 16:30–18:00 E6, A. Vachušková
AJP_2/SX01: Mon 13:05–14:35 E6, Wed 13:05–14:35 E6, K. Sidibe
- recommended: meeting the requirements of AJP_1 course
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives supported by learning outcomes
- The course objective is to deepen student´s language knowledge at the B1 level. The course involves units 7 - 12. After the successful completion of the course, students are able to: understand the main ideas concerning common topics (at school, work, free time, etc.), to maintain most communication situations that can happen while travelling in English-speaking countries,write a short and coherent text on a familiar topic or topics of his/her interest,describe his/her experience, dreams and targets, express his/her opinions, talk about plans. The aim is further and gradual development of communication skills. Emphasis is put on the communication development and reading comprehension.
- Learning outcomes
- Student - understands without major difficulties spoken and written conversation on topic of everyday life - is able to react spontanneously in a basic conversation with a native speaker - has a command of basic English vocabulary so that they are able to communicate in basic situations in an English speaking country - is able to write a short simple text without major grammar mistakes - is able to talk about his or her experience, plans, opinions
- 1. Entertainment and free time 2. Learning foreign languages 3. Decisions 4. Problem solving 5. People and animals 6. Pop music 7. Murphy´s Law 8. Sport 9. Healthy lifestyle 10. Body clock 11. Genetics and society 12. Curious situations 13. Small talk with friends
- required literature
- OXENDEN, Clive, Christina KOENIG LATHAM a Paul SELINGSON. English File third edition Pre-intermediate Student's Book with iTutor. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2012. ISBN 978-0-19-45988-1-1.
- recommended literature
- Náhradní obsah: COLLYAH, B. Anglicko-český, česko-anglický slovník. 4. vydání. Praha : Fin, 2008. 64 s.
- MURPHY, R., Essential Grammar in Use. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2007. 319 s. ISBN 978-0-521-67543-7
- BLOOM, B., SMIDOWICZ, V., City&Guilds International English for Speakers of Other Languages 3 Achiever Student's Book, 2005, 168 s., ISBN: 9780851931630
- Forms of Teaching
- Teaching Methods
- Frontal Teaching
Group Teaching - Cooperation
Individual Work– Individual or Individualized Activity
Teaching Supported by Multimedia Technologies
- Student Workload
Activities Number of Hours of Study Workload Daily Study Combined Study Preparation for Seminars, Exercises, Tutorial 28 50 Preparation for the Final Test 40 50 short speech 10 10 Attendance on Seminars/Exercises/Tutorial/Excursion 52 20 Total: 130 130
- Assessment Methods and Assesment Rate
- Exam – oral 30 %
Test – final 70 %
- Exam conditions
- Grading of the course for full-time and combined students: Final Test 70% (0 – 70 points) and oral test 30% (0-30). The final test requires B1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Successful graduates of the course have to get totally at least 70 points (from both parts together).
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information
- Attendance in lessons is defined in a separate internal standard of ITB (Evidence of attendance of students at ITB). It is compulsory for full-time students to achieve a 70 % attendance rate in the course of a semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.vstecb.cz/course/vste/winter2020/AJP_2