VŠTE:ATP_1 ENG for Civil Engineering I - Course Information
ATP_1 English for Civil Engineering IInstitute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Libuše Turinská (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Libuše Turinská
Centre of language services - Faculty of Corporate Strategy - Rector - Institute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice
Supplier department: Centre of language services - Faculty of Corporate Strategy - Rector - Institute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- ATP_1/S01: Tue 8:00–9:30 E5, L. Turinská
ATP_1/S02: Tue 16:30–18:00 D515, L. Turinská
- FORMA ( P ) && AJP_2 ENG as the First Language II && MAX_PREZENCNICH ( 70 )
The knowledge of English language at B1 level. Recommended meeting the requirements of AJP_1 and AJP_2.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives supported by learning outcomes
- The aim of the subject is the acquisition of specific language skills and knowledge focused on technical English. The acquired productive and receptive skills are in accordance with the descriptor of B1+ level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, including the grammar rules. After the successful completion of the course, the student masters the language skills in order to: describe professionally oriented situations, express in an efficient way the main message of an idea or problem; talk professionally about given topics related to his or her field of study. Students are able to communicate and can take an opinion on the given matter. The student uses the professional vocabulary (with only a little hesitation and using periphrasis) his/her opinion within the scale of the given topics. The student is able to maintain the discussion on the current topics and to apply his/her knowledge in practice.
- Learning outcomes
- Student - has a command of a professional vocabulary related to their field of study - is able to look up specific information in professional literature in English - can create and give a presentantation on the topic related to their field of study - is able to describe a problem related to their field of study - can express their opinions and attitudes to a specific problem related to their field of study, only with some smaller grammar or lexical inaccuracies that do not hinder understanding
- 1.ENGINEERING - AN IMPORTANT SECTOR OF THE NATIONAL ECONOMY Introduction to Engineering 2.TECHNOLOGY ADVANCES IN A HISTORICAL CONTEXT Materials and their Properties 3.Chemical Elements, Substances, Compounds and Mixtures 4.Basic Shapes 5.Physical Units and Standards of Measurements 6. Numbers and Counting 7. Tools 8. Hybrid Cars, Cars 9.THE PROFESSIONAL TEXT - MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT 10. Traffic Signs and Four-stroke Engine 11. Robotics 12. Inventions 13. Robots
- required literature
- Gálová, D. a kol. Angličtina pro strojírenské obory, Praha: Infromatorium 2008, 84 s. ISBN 978-80-7333-060-6
- recommended literature
- MURPHY, R., Essential Grammar in Use. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2007. 319 s. ISBN 978-0-521-67543-7
- BÜRGER, J., Velký ekonomický slovník anglicko-český, česko-anglický. Plzeň: Fraus, 2007. 1312 s . ISBN 978-80-7238-639-0.
- FRONEK, J., Velký anglicko-český, česko-anglický slovník. Praha: Leda, 2007. 1523 s. ISBN 978-80-7335-114-4.
- JÍLKOVÁ, I., ŠULISTOVÁ, J. Study Materials for Civil Engineering English I. 1. vydání. České Budějovice : Vysoká škola technická a ekonomická v Českých Budějovicích, 2010. 36 s. ISBN 978-80-87278-45-1.
- HANÁK, M. et al. Architektonický a stavební slovník anglicko-český. Plzeň : FRAUS, 1998. 721 s. ISBN 80-7238-024-9.
- Forms of Teaching
- Teaching Methods
- Frontal Teaching
Group Teaching - Cooperation
Individual Work– Individual or Individualized Activity
Teaching Supported by Multimedia Technologies
- Student Workload
Activities Number of Hours of Study Workload Daily Study Combined Study preparation for an oral presentation 5 5 Preparation for the Mid-term Test 5 5 Preparation for Seminars, Exercises, Tutorial 26 32 Preparation for the Final Test 16 26 Attendance on Seminars/Exercises/Tutorial/Excursion 26 10 Total: 78 78
- Assessment Methods and Assesment Rate
- Test – final 70 %
Presentation 30 %
- Exam conditions
- Grading of the course: oral presentation: maximum 30% (0-30 points) Final Test: maximum 70% (0-70 points) Successful graduates of the course have to get totally at least 70 points. The final test includes the questions within the range of the level B1 (not only based on the textbook)
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Teacher's information
- Attendance in lessons is defined in a separate internal standard of ITB (Evidence of attendance of students at ITB). It is compulsory, except for the lectures, for full-time students to attend 70 % lesson of the subject in a semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.vstecb.cz/course/vste/winter2019/ATP_1