VŠTE:ATP_1 English for Civil Engineering - Course Information
ATP_1 English for Civil Engineering studentsInstitute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Pavlína Bartušková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jitka Janoušková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Michaela Němcová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Daniel Raušer (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Libuše Turinská (seminar tutor)
Ing. Eva Simotová (assistant)
Bc. David Šilha (assistant)
Bc. Patrik Vinkler (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jindřiška Kraťková
Centre of language services - Faculty of Corporate Strategy - Rector - Institute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- ATP_1/K10: Sun 23. 11. 8:00–9:30 A2, 9:40–11:10 A2, Sun 11. 1. 13:05–14:35 A2, 14:50–16:20 A2, 16:30–18:00 A2, M. Němcová
ATP_1/S01: Tue 13:05–14:35 D617, L. Turinská
ATP_1/S02: Tue 8:00–9:30 A1, L. Turinská
ATP_1/S03: Tue 14:50–16:20 B1, L. Turinská
- MAX_KOMBINOVANYCH ( 50 ) && MAX_PREZENCNICH ( 90 )
recommended meeting of the requirements of the subjects AJP_1 a AJP_2
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives supported by learning outcomes
- The expected entry level of students is A2/B1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. The output level is B1 with a focus on professional and academic language of a studied field. The course consists of 2 modules that head towards the fixed output level. Module 1 The target of the course is a gradual development of communicative skills needed for engineering practice in the construction industry. The basic premise is the technical terminology active management of a studied field in a range of specified thematic areas. The emphasis is placed on the development of dialogic skills, understanding of the professional texts and communication skills associated with presenting technical topics from the construction.
- 1. Civil engineering - branches 2. Building materials 3. Various shape constructions and dimensions 4. Construction planning 5. Building operation - preparation and construction 6. Building operation - shapes and dimensions 7. Technical equipment of buildings, underground services and communications 8. Work with current professional texts - such as renovation of buildings 9. Work with current professional texts - such as urbanisms 10. Work with current professional texts - such as urban planning 11. Work with current professional texts - such as satellite town design 12. Work with current professional texts - such as job positions in construction 13. Work with current professional texts - such as social housing
- required literature
- KASÍKOVÁ, S., HORKÁ, H., NIVENOVÁ, R., SEDLÁKOVÁ, V.: English for Civil Engineering. Praha : ČVUT, 2007. 181 s. ISBN 978-80-01-03786-7.
- not specified
- HANÁK, M. et al. Architektonický a stavební slovník anglicko-český. Plzeň : FRAUS, 1998. 721 s. ISBN 80-7238-024-9.
- JÍLKOVÁ, I., ŠULISTOVÁ, J. Study Materials for Civil Engineering English I. 1. vydání. České Budějovice : Vysoká škola technická a ekonomická v Českých Budějovicích, 2010. 36 s. ISBN 978-80-87278-45-1.
- MURPHY, R., English Grammar in Use. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2004. 379 s. ISBN 3 125 3408405
- FRONEK, J., Velký anglicko-český, česko-anglický slovník. Praha: Leda, 2007. 1523 s. ISBN 978-80-7335-114-4.
- Forms of Teaching
- Teaching Methods
- Frontal Teaching
Group Teaching - Cooperation
Individual Work– Individual or Individualized Activity
Teaching Supported by Multimedia Technologies
- Student Workload
Activities Number of Hours of Study Workload Daily Study Combined Study Preparation for the Mid-term Test 10 10 Preparation for Seminars, Exercises, Tutorial 11 27 Preparation for an oral presentation 5 5 Attendance on Seminars/Exercises/Tutorial/Excursion 26 10 Total: 52 52
- Assessment Methods and Assesment Rate
- presentation / oral task 30 %
test 70 %
- Exam conditions
- Grading of the course: First Test/Seminar Work/ … : maximum 30% (0-30 points) Final Test: maximum 70% (0-70 points) Successful graduates of the course have to get totally at least 70 points.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.