VŠTE:S_ACJ_1 S_ACJ_1 - Course Information
S_ACJ_1 English language IInstitute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Karim Sidibe (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Karim Sidibe
Centre of language services - Faculty of Corporate Strategy - Rector - Institute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice
Supplier department: Centre of language services - Faculty of Corporate Strategy - Rector - Institute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- S_ACJ_1/S01: Tue 8:00–9:30 N007, K. Sidibe
- OBOR ( CAP )
Recommended level A2+.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives supported by learning outcomes
- The aim of the course is to improve the language competence of students and achieve at least the B1- level according to CEFR. After successful accomplishing ACJ_1 course, the student will be able to understand phases and common vocabulary relating to areas of his/her immediate needs (i.e. personal information, information about the family, shopping, local geography, employment). He/she can understand the meaning of short, clear news and announcements. He/She can read short simple texts and look up specific, expected information in text encountered on everyday basis.
- Learning outcomes
- He/She can understand the main points of clear standard speech on familiar matters. He/She can read short simple texts and find specific and predictable information in them. He/She can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information. He/She can connect phrases in a simple way in order to describe events and experiences. He/She can write a simple personal letter.
- 1.Everyday life situations, small talk, familiarising students with CEFR 2.Getting about the city, transport 3.Hotel, accommodation 4.Family, society 5.Housing 6.Shopping and services 7.Healthy lifestyle, environment 8.Holidays 9.Free time 10.Healthcare 11.Fashion,clothes 12.Biography 13. B1 exam structure, speaking exam
- required literature
- OXENDEN, Clive, Christina KOENIG LATHAM a Paul SELINGSON. English File third edition Pre-intermediate Student's Book with iTutor. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2012. ISBN 978-0-19-45988-1-1.
- recommended literature
- MURPHY, Raymond. Essential grammar in use: a self-study reference and practice book for elementary students with answers. 3rd edition. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2007, 319 s. ISBN 9780521675437.
- Cambridge preliminary English test extra: with answers. 1st pub. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2006, 144 s. Cambridge books for Cambridge exams. ISBN 9780521676687
- not specified
- BLOOM, B., SMIDOWICZ, V., City&Guilds International English for Speakers of Other Languages 3 Achiever Student's Book, 2005, 168 s., ISBN: 9780851931630
- Forms of Teaching
- Teaching Methods
- Frontal Teaching
Group Teaching - Cooperation
Individual Work– Individual or Individualized Activity
Teaching Supported by Multimedia Technologies
- Student Workload
Activities Number of Hours of Study Workload Daily Study Combined Study Preparation for the Mid-term Test 30 Preparation for Seminars, Exercises, Tutorial 13 Preparation for the Final Test 35 Preparation for the short speech 26 Attendance on Lectures 26 Attendance on Seminars/Exercises/Tutorial/Excursion 26 Total: 156 0
- Assessment Methods and Assesment Rate
- Test – mid-term 30 %
Test – final 70 %
- Exam conditions
- Grading: Final Test 70% (0 – 70 points) and speaking exam 30% (0-30). The final test requires B1- level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Successful graduates of the course have to get totally at least 70 points (from both parts together).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
General note: Erasmus.
- Teacher's information
- Attendance in lessons is defined in a separate internal standard of ITB (Evidence of student attendance at ITB). Full-time students are obliged to attend 70 % of the lessons.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.vstecb.cz/course/vste/summer2020/S_ACJ_1