VŠTE:MAT_3 Mathematics III - Course Information
MAT_3 Mathematics IIIInstitute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Zdeněk Dušek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Zdeněk Dušek, Ph.D.
Department of Informatics and Natural Sciences - Faculty of Technology - Rector - Institute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice
Supplier department: Department of Informatics and Natural Sciences - Faculty of Technology - Rector - Institute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MAT_3/S01: Wed 9:40–11:10 D415, Z. Dušek
- FORMA ( P )
The student masters the range of MAT_1, MAT_2 courses (the bases of differential calculus - derivation of a function, process and properties of a function, bases of integral calculus - direct integration, substitution method, integration by parts, integration of rational functions, special substitution methods, application of definite integral, basic methods in solving of differential equations of first and second order).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives supported by learning outcomes
- The aim of the course is to complement mathematical parts related to the knowlege gained in MAT_1 and MAT_2 courses. The emphasis is placed on the application tasks. The course contains the bases of differential calculus of functions with several variables, using the theory of ordinary differential equations to solve simple problems in practice. The course also includes solving of systems of differential equations, introduction to integral calculus of functions of several variables.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, the student is be able to solve easy tasks using models containing differential equation of first and second order, systems of differential equations. The student is be able to orientate in the basic terminology of functions of several variables. He/she is be able to apply the calculation of multiply integrals in practice.
- 1.Definition of function of several variables, domain of a function, a graph. 2.Partial derivatives and their geometric meaning. 3.Rules for calculation of derivatives, derivatives higher order derivatives. 4.Gradient of a function, directional derivatives. 5.Local extremes, Hessian matrix. 6.Bound extremes of functions of several variables. 7.Systems of differential equations. 8.Mathematical models (using differential equations). 9.Polar, cyclic, spherical coordinates. 10.Double integral, Fubini theorem. 11.Substitution method for double integrals. 12.Triple integral, Fubini theorem. 13.Double and triple integrals - solving of application tasks.
- required literature
- Zindulka, O.: Matematika 3, Česká technika - nakladatelství ČVUT, 2007, 1. vydání, 155 stran, ISBN 978-80-01-03678-5
- DOŠLÁ, Zuzana a LIŠKA, Petr. Matematika pro nematematické obory: s aplikacemi v přírodních a technických vědách. 1. vydání. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2014. 304 stran. Expert. ISBN 978-80-247-5322-5.
- recommended literature
- Bubeník, F., Matematika 2, Česká technika - nakladatelství ČVUT, 2006, 1. vydání, ISBN 80-01-03535-2
- Bubeník, F., Zindulka, O., Matematika 1, Česká technika - nakladatelství ČVUT, 2005, 1. vydání, ISBN 80-01-03309-0
- Forms of Teaching
- Teaching Methods
- Frontal Teaching
Group Teaching - Competition
Group Teaching - Cooperation
Group Teaching - Collaboration
Individual Work– Individual or Individualized Activity
Teaching Supported by Multimedia Technologies
- Student Workload
Activities Number of Hours of Study Workload Daily Study Combined Study Preparation for the Mid-term Test 14 14 Preparation for Seminars, Exercises, Tutorial 10 15 Preparation for the Final Test 13 13 Attendance on Seminars/Exercises/Tutorial/Excursion 13 8 Participation in the final test 2 2 Total: 52 52
- Assessment Methods and Assesment Rate
- Test – final 70 %
seminar activity 30 %
- Exam conditions
- The student gains the credit on the base of the attendance and the result of the final written test. The student has to attend 70% of seminars. The final test consists of four examples with a total of 70 points. It is necessary to reach 30 points to gain the credit. Students have the possibility of a reparative test. First Test/Seminar Work/ … : maximum 30% (0-30 points) Final Test: maximum 70% (0-70 points) Successful graduates of the course have to get totally at least 70 points.
- Language of instruction
- Teacher's information
- Attendance in lessons is defined in a separate internal standard of ITB (Evidence of attendance of students at ITB). It is compulsory, except of the lectures, for full-time students to attend 70 % lesson of the subjet in a semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.vstecb.cz/course/vste/winter2020/MAT_3