- 1.How can I log into the Information System?To be able to access the Information System, you need to have an Internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.) installed on your computer. Use the address field in its upper part for entering the IS address, which is that of https://is.vstecb.cz/. After being taken to the page, click on Personal Administration. You will be prompted to enter your user name (use your personal identification number - uco) and password. If you do not know one (or both) of these, please contact your faculty access rights administrator. To look him/her up, you can use the following path:https://is.vstecb.cz/ faculty access rights administratorsTo ensure the safety of your primary password, you will be redirected to islogin.cz (for a detailed description of security, please see Logging in using islogin.cz). Your personal identification number remains the same even when you resume the studies you have interrupted several years later.
- 2.What shall I do to log out of the System?To log out of the System, click on the log-out icon situated in the upper right-hand corner. Please make sure that you always perform this operation on the computers you share with other people.
 log out of the System
- 3.What purpose does the primary password serve? How can I change it?The primary password is used exclusively for logging into the Information System (IS VŠTE) located at https://is.vstecb.cz/auth/ . The primary password should not be used for logging into other systems. This also applies to other school sites and e-mail accounts, for which you should use your secondary password. To change your primary password, use the following path:Personal Administration System change my passwordPlease make sure that you always take special care of your primary password and do your best to prevent it from any misuse. In this respect, it is important that you not share it with anyone else or send it anywhere in an unencrypted format (e.g. via e-mail). IS administrators never require you to send them your password by e-mail. If you ever receive such a request or an e-mail asking you to enter your password via a page other than the one belonging to IS or Inet, you should never do so, since you have probably become subject to phishing. You should never allow your browser to save your password either. If you do so, anyone working with the computer when you are not around will be able to log into IS under your profile.
- 4.What purpose does the secondary password serve? How can I change it??The VŠTE secondary password is usually required for other services using IS VŠTE authentication means such as school e-mail accounts working with IMAP and POP3 protocols, etc. You can change/specify your secondary password using your primary one directly in IS VŠTE on the page you use for changing your primary password:Personal Administration System change my passwordPlease make sure that your secondary password is different from the primary one, as the former is sometimes transferred over networks in an unencrypted form, which makes it more vulnerable.
- 5.I seem to use a wrong user name and password.Please make sure that you are using the right keyboard layout. To switch between layouts (e.g. English and Czech), you might want to use the icon with a language code on it (e.g. EN and CS) situated in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. Another problem might be using the digit 1 instead of the letter l or the digit 0 instead of the letter O. Provided you are entering your user name and password into the System correctly and you still experience difficulties logging in, please proceed the way described in the previous question.
- 6.What is the way of looking up the password saved in my browser?You can look up the password saved in your browser the following way:
- Internet Explorer – The browser itself does not support the option of accessing passwords saved in it. However, you might want to use a free program called "IE PassView" (available for download, for instance, here), which allows you to do so.
- Mozilla Firefox – Go to Tools → Options → Security → Saved Passwords
- Google Chrome – Go to the Chrome menu (clicking on the Chrome menu icon situated on the browser toolbar in the top right-hand corner) → Settings → Show advanced settings → Passwords and forms → Manage saved passwords.
- 7.When I want to enter Personal Administration, the System does not ask me for my password and displays someone
else's page instead. What shall I do?Click on the log-out icon situated in the upper right-hand corner, log out of the System and close all the browser windows. If the problem persists, it means that someone else has saved his/her password in the browser. We strongly recommend you not to save your passwords in browsers.
- 8.How can I tell that the connection to the server I am using is secure?Provided you want to make sure that your connection to the server is secure, please check out the Information System security certificate. You can do so by clicking on the padlock icon situated in the address bar of your browser (usually next to the URL address, but its position may vary depending on the browser you use). This will display details related to your connection.
- 9.When I enter my user name and password into the log-in form and try to log in, the System displays
the log-in page again. It does not say that my password is incorrect, though. What am I doing wrong?You have not enabled cookies in your browser. To do so, please follow the instructions given in the answer to the question What shall I do to enable cookies in my browser?.
- 11.Even though I have closed my browser, I remain logged in even after reopening it. What shall I do to
fix this problem?Provided your browser has been set to reopen the windows and tabs that were open before you last closed it, you will always need to log out once you are done working with the System. Closing the browser might not help in this respect. However, you may try to configure the option of reopening windows and tabs the way that makes the browser forget the logging credentials (this might only be possible in some browsers, though). Provided you use Google Chrome, please proceed as follows:
Click on the wrench icon situated in the upper right-hand corner and go to Settings → Show advanced settings → Privacy → Content settings and select "Keep local data only until I quit my browser".
- 12.How long do I stay logged in?You remain logged in for the time you have specified in the System before. The default period is 4 days. The time you have specified in the System represents a minimal inactivity period during which the System keeps you logged in. However, the maximum period can be longer than the specified one by up to 1/4. In practice this means that if you decide on, say, 1 hour, you can still be logged in even after 65 minutes of being inactive.
- 13.My access to the System has been denied. Why? And for how long is this situation going to last?In the situation where your access to the System is to be blocked, you are usually notified of the fact by an e-mail giving you the name of the person imposing the ban and informing you about the reasons for the ban as well as for how long it will be effective. The user's access to the System can be blocked:
- The user's access to the System can be blocked temporarily in the event of password misuse.
- for an unspecified period of time
- Provided the user is, for instance, in debt to the University and he/she has not settled the debt by the required date, his/her access to the System can be blocked for an unspecified period of time.
- 14.Why am I not allowed to use the Enter key instead of confirmation buttons?The IS users are not allowed to use the Enter key instead of the confirmation buttons since the forms the applications contain are often complicated (consisting of many fields) and the Enter key often causes the applications to misbehave. To send the contents of a form to a server, please use the Save button (or any other placed at the bottom of the form).
- 15.Portable IS - Accessing Information System via Telephone NetworkSome information stored on the System can also be accessed via a mobile phone or any other small portable device. Portable IS hosts the following applications:
- Portable E-mail
- My Examination Dates
- My Grades
- My Examinations
- Other Examinations
- Courses I have Enrolled in
- Courses I have Registered for
- My Timetable
- Names of Courses
- Enable Help
- Disable Diacritics
- Who am I?
- Disable Portable E-mail
- Disable Portable IS
If you wish to enable this option or change its settings, please use the following path:Personal Administration System Portable IS: access
- 16.How can I switch IS into English?The applications that support switching into their English versions display the option česky | in English at the bottom of their pages. Please use this reference to switch between the languages. Most applications are not available in English at the present time.
- 17.IS-related recommendations for those leaving the schoolYou can access your e-mail account and some of the IS applications using your user name and password even after you have left the school. However, the functionality of these applications may be limited (for more details, please see the answer to the question Are there any IS services that I can access after I complete my studies or stop working for the University?). Here are a few things we recommend you to do for you to make the most of IS even in the future:
- Enter a verification question you can use in case you forget your password. You can do so using the application the path to which is as follows:
Personal Administration Alumnus Správa (the page is currently available in Czech only) Změna hesla
- Have your IS e-mail forwarded to another e-mail account (provided you want to read your IS email outside IS).
To enable the e-mail forwarding service, please use the application the path to which is as follows:
Personal Administration My Mail Settings
- Enable the IS event e-mail notification service.
There are a few ways of keeping in touch with the IS-related events:
You can have new Blog, Discussion Forum, Noticeboard and other messages sent to you by e-mail. To enable this service, please follow
the path below:
Personal Administration Events Configure IS event e-mail notification serviceYou can also have notifications about various IS users' activities (e.g. those of the members of My Friends or Classes groups) sent to your e-mail account. This way you will receive a message each time one of these users, for instance, changes some information on his/her Personal Page or creates a new thread in a discussion group. If you are not interested in this kind of information, you can disable the service using the application the path to which is as follows:Personal Administration Alumnus Aktivita (the page is only available in Czech)Information on the events and changes in the selected IS sections can also be received via RSS channels (for more details, please go to the Help section).
- Upload your private photograph and update the information on your Personal Page regularly.
To upload your private photograph into the System, click on the green icon situated next to your current photograph.
You should also check the options specifying which of the information on your Personal Page will be accessible to other IS users once you have left the school.
You can do so using the following path:
Personal Administration My Personal Page Change the People application settingsFor more information on how to configure your Personal Page, please consult the Help section.
- Enter a verification question you can use in case you forget your password. You can do so using the application the path to which is as follows:
- 18.Are there any IS services that I can access after I complete my studies or stop working for the University?You can access the Information System even after you complete your studies or stop working for the University using your personal identification number (uco) and password. However, the applications requiring the user to be a student or staff member will not work. Details:
- IS mailbox:
- Your mailbox and the features it offers (e.g. e-mail forwarding, etc.) remain functional including your user name.
- You will be able to read Noticeboard messages as well as post new ones.
- File Depository, My Web:
- These are only accessible to VŠTE graduates, i.e. those who have passed the final examination.
- Discussion Forums:
- You will still be able to read messages on these. While you can create new thematic discussion groups and post messages in these, you will not be able to post any in general discussion groups. As for the class discussion groups, these can only be contributed to by class members.
- Bulletin Boards:
- You will be allowed to read messages on these, but you will not be able to post any.
- You will be able to read blogs, comment on their messages and create new ones.
- Events, Drill, Bookmarks, My Friends, Comments, and Projects:
- You will be able to access these applications without any restrictions.
- Personal Page:
- This page remains functional and in the same shape as it was before you left the school. Staff members' personal pages will not be publicly
accessible unless this option has been enabled manually. The Personal Page settings can be changed using the application the path to which is
People Change the People application settings .. Personal Page display mode
- Classes (groups):
- The IS users who graduated before 2008 can use Graduation Groups while the others can use Matriculation Groups. You will still be able to create new classes (groups) without any restrictions.
- Study Materials:
- The materials of the courses available at the time you were enrolled in these remain accessible.
- Browsing information:
- You will be allowed to access all the information related to your previous studies. The same applies to Course Catalogue and other similar sections.
- Teacher’s Notebook
- Teachers continue to have access to courses in which they are listed as lecturers even after terminating their contracts.
- 19.How can I change my user name (login)?Provided you want to select or change your user name, please use the following path:Personal Administration System select user nameAfter selecting/changing the user name, you can use it (besides your personal identification number (uco), which still remains functional) to log into the Information System. The user name also serves the purpose of an alias for your default IS e-mail address, which is učo@mail.vstecb.cz. Therefore, after selecting the user name, you can also start using the address of firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provided you have failed to find the information you were searching for, you can contact us at