- 1.Grading SchemeEach grade consists of a single character representing teacher's assessment of the student's work and knowledge. When enrolling in a course, every student selects (accepts) a certain type of completion of the course (e.g. examination, colloquium , “requirements fulfilled”, etc.) and thus he/she can only gain the grade (evaluation) corresponding to this type.
Legend: Z – requirements fulfilled, N – requirements not fulfilled. A – excellent (1), B – very good (1.5), C – good (2), D – satisfactory (2.5), E – sufficient (3), F, X – fail (4). “U” is used in the situation where the student's grade (evaluation) gained before (in his/her previous programme of studies, for instance) has been recognized. Tip for evaluation according to the ECTS methodology In the ECTS system, it is recommended to adhere to the share of awarded marks according to the following layout. The European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) is a standard for comparing learning outcomes in the European Union (more information on ECTS can be found on the so-called Bologna Process website – introduction of European standards in higher education http://www.ehea.info/).
Type of Completion Grade/Evaluation z (“requirements fulfilled”; “z” stands for Czech “zápočet”) Z N U kz (graded type of “requirements fulfilled”; “kz” stands for Czech “klasifikovaný zápočet”) A B C D E X F U zk (examination; the “zk” stands for Czech “zkouška”) A B C D E X F U SoZk (comprehensive examination; “SoZk” stands for “souborná zkouška”) A B C D E F U StZk (final state examination; “StZk” stands for “státní závěrečná zkouška”) A B C D E F ECTS degrees Percentage of grades Definion A 10 % excellent performance with only minor errors B 25 % above-average performance but with some errors C 30 % overall good performance with a number of significant errors D 25 % acceptable performance, but with significant errors E 10 % performance meets minimum requirements F – a considerable amount of additional work is required
- 2.Evaluation StringThe evaluation form may list more than one grade (evaluation character) per student. For instance, the string of FFB consists of two fail grades and the B one. In this particular example, the student failed an examination as well as his/her first re-sit and gained B for the second one. The evaluation string may consist of any number of fail grades and only one grade completing the course. Besides, the grade (evaluation) completing the course must be listed last. The grade (evaluation) that is considered final is the last (rightmost) one. It is advisable to enter students' grades one by one rather than as strings since the first way of the two keeps the students constantly informed about their performance. That is why teachers are recommended to enter their students' grades into the evaluation form shortly after every examination or re-sit the students take. Please proceed diligently when entering your students' grades into the System since the number of re-sits they have taken plays a pivotal role during the process of checking their studies. The application uploading grades into the System is case-insensitive.
1 Evaluation form
- 3.Date of EvaluationThe date is always recorded with the last grade (evaluation) entered and has the format of “day month year”. The default date is the current one. We consider this date as a guide. If the selection is limited to a certain test date, the evaluation date is set to the test date.
- 4.What if a student does not come to an examination?If a student fails to come to an examination, - (minus sign meaning “absent”) should be used. Although this evaluation character is not listed above, it can be used for every type of completion. The sectionThe Information system Teacher [course selected] (Attendance) Letters of Excuseallows you to find out for what examination dates your students have submitted letters of excuse to the Office for Studies.
1 Check students' letters of excuse
If the exam date setting allows it, students can unsubscribe just before the exam. So before you give a student a failed evaluation, make sure that he / she has actually registered for the term.Please ensure your evaluation form has been filled in completely at the end of each term and that all the “absent” marks have been entered into the students' records for their absences. That is, if the student's absence is not properly excused, the “absent” mark is considered to be the fail one thereby affecting the student's grade average. The “absent” marks are also used in the process of checking the student's studies. Therefore, make sure you are diligent and just in this respect, please.
- 5.Who can see the student's grades?The Information System keeps a record of all evaluation strings and evaluation changes. Besides, it is the information identifying the person who has made the evaluation change that is recorded as well. Teachers can access the history of all the evaluation changes. The student's grades are only accessible to the student himself/ herself, teachers of the given course, users specified as contact persons, course guarantors, and owners of the s_studium> right (chiefly the Office for Studies staff) as well as the s_vyuka one.
- 6.Evaluation-Related NotesThe Note column contains studies-related tags such as “repeating” (meaning the student is repeating the course as a result of not having completed it), “again” (meaning the student has enrolled in the course again despite completing it before), etc. There might also be some specification strings attached to the tags (e.g. 3x) specifying how many times the concrete event has hitherto occurred. Therefore, “repeating 3x” says the student has failed to complete the course three times before. Likewise, “again 3x” means that the student has completed the course three times before. The specification string of “1x” is not used. “cust. study p.” denotes customized study plan. The column titled “Type of Completion” specifies the type of completion the student selected (accepted) when enrolling in the course. Once selected, the type of completion can only be changed by the Office for Studies.
- 7.Browsing Evaluation FormThe evaluation form only displays the number of lines specified at the bottom of the page (see the field next to “maximum number of lines in the form”). Hence, if the number is, for instance, 100, it is the first 100 students that are displayed on the same page. After entering their grades (evaluation), you can either save your changes and have another batch of students displayed using the “Save and go to another batch” button or you can only save the changes and stay on the same page by clicking on “Save”. Provided you click on “Go to another batch without saving, the changes you have made in the form are not saved and another batch of students is displayed.
If the form contains fewer than 100 lines, it is only the “Save” button that is displayed at the bottom of the page. Provided the number of lines making up the form exceeds 100 and you want more of these to be displayed on the same page, change the number in the field situated at the bottom of the page (next to “maximum number of lines in the form”). The newly entered value will take effect after you click on one of the aforementioned buttons. The “Save” button can also be used for saving the changes repeatedly as they are made. Each time these are saved, the newly loaded page lists them at its top. The number of form entries (students in the form) can also be changed by applying one of the filters available. To activate a filter, click on “change filter” situated at the top of the page. You can also sort the list of students according to the selected parameter (alphabet, uča, grades, evaluation dates) in descending or ascending order.
1 Browsing evaluation form.
1 Options for sorting the list of students.
- 8.Two or More Teachers Entering Grades
Simultaneously – InterferenceWhen entering grades into the same evaluation form simultaneously, teachers may overwrite each other's changes. When the System detects a change in the contents of the form made by someone else after you opened it, it informs you of the fact and asks you whether you really want the changes made by the other user to be overwritten with yours. Since this warning tends to be overlooked, its is advisable to enter the grades (evaluation) when no one else is doing so or use the application for entering grades in the one-by-one way. To do the latter, use the following path:The Information system Teacher [course selection] (Evaluation) Enter a student's gradeThe application allows teachers to enter grades (evaluation) for individual students separately, i.e. it does not display the form listing several students.
1 Entering a student's grade.Tip
To get the System to display in the evaluation form some notebook contents associated with students, click on “Include a notebook in the form”.
Provided the notebook contents are already being displayed, but you want to hide them, click on “Do not use any notebook”.
- 9.Alternate Ways of Entering Grades (Evaluation)Some other features available:
- entering the same evaluation (e.g. “requirements fulfilled”) for more than one student at a time:
- Select a group of students applying one of the filters
available (by clicking on “change filter”) and use the
The Information system Teacher [course selection] (Evaluation) for more than one student at a time
- preparing the evaluation form with grades (evaluation) outside the Information System and import it:
- To do so, follow the path below:
The Information system Teacher [course selection] (Evaluation) exportThe application allows you to download the evaluation form containing all the necessary identification information to your computer. After entering grades into the form, you can upload (import) it back into the System usingThe Information system Teacher [course selection] (Evaluation) import
- on the scores recorded in a notebook">having students' grades calculated on the basis of the scores recorded in a notebook(s):
- You can store your students' test scores in a notebook(s). To
access the notebooks-managing applications, use the following path:
The Information system Teacher [course selection] NotebooksThe applications also allow you to add up the scores and calculate the grades.
- entering grades (evaluation) of the students who have reserved a slot on a specific examination date
- This can be achieved in two steps:
- Limit the list of students you are working with to those
who have made a reservation for a slot on a specific
examination date. Follow the restrictions in the help:
The Information system Help Teacher Students
- Enter the students' grades (evaluation):
The Information system Teacher [course selection] (Other ways of entering evaluation) using a form listing several students
- Limit the list of students you are working with to those who have made a reservation for a slot on a specific examination date. Follow the restrictions in the help:
1 Assigning assessment to students individually.
2 Assigning assessment to students using a form.
3 Assigning ratings to students at the same time to all.
4 Assigning ratings to students by importing from a file.
5 Export rating.
- 10.What is the purpose of the text fields placed
in the evaluation form containing abbreviated surnames?The application contains a module keeping track of how many students individual teachers have examined. Provided a teacher has examined a student several times, the student is included in the total number as many times as he/she has been examined by him/her. The column titled “Entered by” lists three drop-down menus containing the names of teachers listed under the course as “lecturers”, “seminar tutors”, and “alternate examiners”. The first menu is used to select the examiner who has entered the first grade, the second one to select the examiner who has entered the second grade, etc. If it is the examiner himself/herself that is entering a grade (evaluation), his/her name is selected by default and he/she need not make any selection. Provided it is someone else that is entering grades for the examiner, the person doing so should select the examiner's name. The examiners with no grade (evaluation) entered are ignored.
1 Evaluation field.
2Initials of the person entering evaluation – can be selected.
The information on who has entered what grade can be found under the following references:
- Enter a student's grade
- using a form listing several students
- for more than one student at a time
- import from a file
- evaluation transfer (available in the Notebooks section)
It is not possible to keep track of who has entered what grade in the courses allowing all the teachers of the faculty to enter grades (evaluation) for these.
Provided you have failed to find the information you were searching for, you can contact us at